CCPS is the Coalition of Care and Support Providers in Scotland.
Its mission is to identify, represent, promote and safeguard the interests of third sector and not-for-profit social care and support providers in Scotland, so that they can maximise the impact they have on meeting social need.
Formerly known as Community Care Providers Scotland, our identity was updated in November 2010 to reflect the broader scope of areas covered by our membership, which now includes third sector agencies providing high quality support in the areas of youth and criminal justice, addictions, homelessness, children’s services and family support, as well as those with a focus on our original area of interest, community care for adults with disabilities and for older people.
Our new identity reflects the range and breadth of our membership more appropriately, whilst retaining a clear emphasis on what we all have in common.
CCPS membership comprises over 70 of the most substantial care and support providers in Scotland’s third sector, working right across the spectrum of social care.
The combined membership of CCPS:
· supports approximately 300,000 people and their families in Scotland
· manages a total annual income in excess of £1.3 billion (2010-11), a significant proportion of which relates to publicly funded service provision
employs approximately 45,000 staff and mobilises the support of over 7,000 volunteers in providing services
· works in all 32 of Scotland's council areas, with many members also providing services elsewhere in the UK and internationally.
Please follow this link to view a full list of CCPS members. CCPS also works in partnership with local provider forums and alliances in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Midlothian and East Lothian.
CCPS aims to:
- Champion quality care and support provided by the third sector
- Challenge policy and practice that inhibits or undermines the sector’s ability to provide quality care and support
- Prepare providers for future challenges and opportunities
- Support providers to understand, negotiate and influence the complex policy and practice environment in which they operate.
CCPS is a member of EASPD, the European Association of Service Providers for Persons with a Disability. We are also members of SCVO, the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations and SSEC, the Scottish Social Enterprise Coalition.
CCPS is a limited company, registered in Scotland under the company number SC279913 and recognised as a Scottish Charity by the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator as charity number SCO 29199.